Albatross bars are excellent on my Hunqapillar and I ride a lot of root,
rocky, and steep single track in the Colorado Rockies. You can look through
my whole photo stream, but here are two pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32311885@N07/9360335191/ (there are a set of
pics there showing the whole climb, at about 12,000 feet. Doesn't show much
in the way of rocks and roots, but gives the idea)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32311885@N07/9422980161/

Set up the albas so you have a climbing grip at the top of the curve
(similar to the hoods on drop bars). This works great for climbing, and
removes some of the extra leverage you get from the ends of the bars, so
you aren't unintentionally steering. When descending, I stay at the bar
ends both for the brakes and the more upright position and leverage in
steering as I thread through the rocks and roots.

I can't speak to the Bosco bars, but the only possible way to improve on
the Albas that I can figure would be the bullmoose boscos for the increased
stiffness (which hasn't been an issue, but I can see the benefit).

For reference, I've ridden (and LCG'd, lowest common gear, pushing the
bike) sections of the Colorado Trail (single track mostly) and the Great
Divide Mountain BIke Trail (forest service roads) with full bikepacking
gear and love the Albas.

With abandon,
Patrick