Tony, I never tried them that way because I know from the m-bar experiment it
wouldn't be my cup of tea. I like being upright and schooching down when
necessary by going the bar's deep bends (up front)--with elbows bent if
necessary to get lower. When I'm descending down gnarly terrain, I want the bar
ends (with reachable brake levers) to come up and back as much as possible--not
low like when the a-bar upside down.

• Perry