I think the Dimension stems are beautiful. Very clean welds, high
polish. And aesthetically, I don't know what's wrong with a pop-top
stem. It looks 100% fine to my eye, and being able to change bars is
835% more convenient than a traditional quill. As to threadless in
general, I definitely prefer them to threaded headsets/quills. I don't
like adjusting threaded headsets at all, but the 5mm hex adjustment on
thraeadless is just fantastic. YMMV of course :-)

On 8/22/13, Peter Pesce <petepe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a few of these stems, some Dimension branded, some Civia, and they
> are fantastic for the price. I'd love to see more pop top quills. Pragmatics
> beats aesthetics for me most of the time. I'm currently riding two bikes
> with quill stems the wrong length because I'm  too lazy to replace the
> shellacked cork grips on them.
>
> Pete in CT

Cheers,
David

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal