I'm with CT on this one, moustache bars work great for me on
offroad/singletrack descents.    But then so do 42cm Noodles.    I don't
get along well with wide bars, and I've tried.    In fact, even the
old-style M-bars I have are a touch wide, but they're still doable and I
like them.     I have a tiny bird-shaped body though, no shoulders to speak
of.