I've had squeaking on single-bolt seatposts (Campy Record and Nitto
S-65)...what about a little beeswax?That seatpost looks like Nitto may have
manufactured it as the OEM

For me...think it's a weight issue (south of 200lbs but probably north of
180 lbs). I've switched the Rivendells over to Nitto S-83. Nary a complaint