I remember Benelux! I had something like the Standard on my second bike
build, circa 1971 or 2, a Varsity (stripped and painted) with a new
drivetrain consisting of an AW with two oppositely-dished cogs tack welded
on the driver and the Benelux, found much to my surprise in a Nairobi shop
-- most carried only Indian roadsters -- shimmed out to accommodate the
1/8" chain. It worked fine on the 2 cogs. I junked the 50 t ring and left
the 40 and overall the system gave good ratios.

I suppose the Alvit would have worked even better, but I junked it because
the chain kept skipping, which I attributed to the Alvit. It was probably
just a very worn chain.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Scott G. <sco...@primax.com> wrote:

> I have a Cyclo-Benelux Tourist derailer on my '54 Claud Butler,
> it works pretty good. The shifter has a friction damper wheel
> so you can adjust on the the fly. The horizontal spring derailers
> were all low normal. Simplex TdF, Cyclo-Benlux Mk7, Tourist etc.
>
> http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/cyclobenelux.html
>
> Scott G.

*RESUMES THAT GET YOU NOTICED!*
Certified Resume Writer