Sometimes mixing the classic aesthetic with the new "standards" can
be...challenging.

In what I thought would be a simple task of choosing from several stems
from my parts bin, I turned up empty handed and in disbelief. I really
don't have a threadless 1 1/8" 26.0 clamp stem?!? How can this be? No
matter, I'll run by the bike shop and grab one, there must be a box full of
take offs. NOPE. Not one. Really? Really.

So after a bunch of fruitless hunting, I've resigned to the fact I'll need
to find and order something. There seems to be plenty of generic offerings
from Dimension, Origin8, etc on the bay but if I have to source it
non-locally then I'd rather go with something more fitting of the bike and
from a known manufacturer. And the kicker is to find one in silver. For
consideration, I'd like to use my nitto noodle for this along with a pretty
Rivish build.

My original thought was finding an old Thomson to keep it US made but
although cool, they have a decidedly industrial vibe. Especially the older
26.0 clamp versions. Still they DO pop up in silver from time to time which
would be nice. As far as other accessible offerings I did check into the
Nittos and they look pretty nice as would be expected. It seems there is
one version that is nearly a gun metal color as opposed to silver which
looks great, although I cant seem to find the 100 length in any of them.

So my quandary becomes...is the Nitto worth scrounging for to match the
bar? Anyone handle it "in the metal"? Or do I go clunky USA Thomson if I
can find one? Or do I throw it all out the window and use a black 31.8 bar
stem combo I have hanging in the garage?