I'm trying to read the long-range-forcast tea leaves here and match that
with my families needs for camping for two months. The Farmer's Almanic
calls for generally colder and wetter than usual for the desert SW and
SoCal. We "need" a normal or warmer year for this to work. Wet and cold for
two months would be miserable with the kids unless we had a remote cabin.

The dilemma is this: we have an offer to stay in a nearby friend's granny
house, which would work for us, but has a number of limitations. Do we do
that, or venture forth into the wild unknown? Just me? I'll generally take
the wild unknown every time. But with family... that changes the equation.

All thoughts appreciated. Being a brain bludgeoned refugee in winter is not
all the brochure promised. Sardonic grin.

With abandon,
Patrick