I'm doing an Alba cockpit on my father's Windsor.  His bike came stock with
the oldschool Suntour Barcons, so I'm going to re-use them, and those can
only be used as barcons.  I have thumbie bases and a bunch of friction DT
shifters to play with if I decide I don't like the barcons.  This thread
showed several cute configurations, so thanks to everyone for that.

One curiously ironic bit is that I'm a big fan of semi-recent Shimano
reverse pull rear derailers.  Pull the cable means higher gear on both the
left and the right shifter.  I have that set up on two bikes.  My Pop's
Windsor, however, has a normal-pull Suntour rear derailer and a REVERSE
pull Suntour front derailer!  So, on my Pop's bike, pull the cable means a
lower gear on both shifters.  Haha.  I'll chuckle about it every time I get
on.  Promise.  Maybe I should swap the left and right shifters to make the
reversal complete.  :)