On 01/02/2014 09:32 PM, Joan Oppel wrote:
I just HAVE to chime in: I have a reverse pull Shimano derailleur on my Bleriot BUT a standard pull Shimano derailleur on my Bike Friday. I switch between them by (literally) talking to myself about the change when I get on the bike. And I don't make wrong shifts on either bike.

On the other hand, when I ride the Bleriot for a few rides and then switch to my bike with brifters, I do reach for the bar end shifters instead of the brifters, even with my hands on the hoods.

So - TAKE THAT  :)
Joan

(This has been explained to SP previously)

It could be that the Bleriot and the Friday are so dramatically different in feel and appearance that context keeps the shifting direction separate and appropriate to the bike in question.