I made mine using X-PAC from rockywoods.com, 1/4" closed cell foam from eBay,
and cheap remnant ripstop from Joann's. 3" wide, no flare at front. The ripstop
formed a liner around the inner perimeter, and the foam was sandwiched in
between. The foam is important as it keeps things from rattling against the top
of the downtube, and provides nice structure. I also sewed a false floor in the
bottom triangle that separates in the middle. You can expand or contract the
sides of the bag with this. Enjoy the Krampus and post pics when the bag is
done!