Inspired by the ride of the 42mm Grand Bois Hetres on my Bleriot, I spent a
couple of hours today changing out the tires on my Quickbeam from the 700x28
size I've been using forever to a set of 700x35s (Paselas, purchased from
another member of this list).

Changing the tires was no big deal. The bulk of the time was spent adjusting
the fenders to fit around the fatter rubber. That involved, among other things,
using a Dremel to cut off the protruding end of the daruma bolt that holds the
front fender onto the fork crown. Yes, the 35s needed every millimeter of
clearance I could get (the rear wheel wouldn't even spin when I first put it
in, due to a lack of clearance, even though the 28s had gobs of room).

Results are in the photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/campyonlyguy/sets/72157639957181314/

I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, other that a spin up and down the block,
but from an appearance standpoint alone it was worth it. The fatter tires
certainly fill out the fenders much better.

Ride report once I've had a chance to get it on the road.

--Eric
campyonly...@me.com
www.campyonly.com
www.wheelsnorth.org