Michael,

I try to get more than one nail polish bottle with hues on either side of
what is to be matched.  Mixing them and applying to a test piece off the
bike can help get close.  A blow dryer can speed up getting to the final
result.  I have found an air brush shoots nail polish pretty well (got the
idea from watching the goings on in a nail salon where they use stencils
and air brushes for different effects).

Tom