I love my Chacos. I prefer the ones without the big toe loop so I can wear
them with or without socks. They have a heel strap and it works entirely
with a friction-slide buckle, so no velcro to wear out or snap buckle to
break. I love the fact that I can loosen them all the way and step into
them hands-free and walk around for hours before I notice that I forgot to
tighten them.

In a perfect world, they would be a little bit thinner and a bit less
sculpted - and as such closer to the current barefoot ideal, but I think
the fact that the straps pass under the footbed makes a certain amount of
thickness unavoidable. I tried on a newer, much thinner model, but the
straps went through some plastic-y bars above the footbed and just didn't
seem as well made.

I have lost count of how long I have had mine, but I love riding and
walking in them when the weather is warm, plus I strap them to my pack as
alternate / in-camp / creek crossing footwear on almost all of my
backpacking trips, etc. I think the model is ZX/2 or something like that,
but it's the classic original model without the big toe loop.

Daniel
Berkeley, CA