Kellie, there isn't much precedent for the process this particular bike has
been through. Usually there's a prototype, it gets a name, it gets put into
production. This "Appaloosa" started as a Mystery Bike which several folks
signed up for sight unseen, then was revealed (original name, Rosco Bubbe)
as a very long bike with the extra tubes, and no expectation that a front
derailer would be fitted. It then went through a long gestation involving
much name crunching; the extra rear stays developing the moniker
'tentaculer' (my claim to fame: I brought up tentacles first, then Grant
named them); and a front derailer appearing. Now we have Appaloosa, and
several versions of the bike have been built. We await further developments.

Joe "anyone correct me if I have any of this wrong" Bernard
Vallejo, CA.