I really would much rather have several bikes than one "do it all" with
wheel swaps. I just don't think the wheel swap thing works as well in
practice as in theory.

I tried it on my Sam with Paul moto brakes, going from 650b to 700. It was
a little pointless; the 650b wheels with 38 tires does just fine.

Does anybody know if the Appaloosa is built to be more mountain bike like
than the Yves or Betty?  Meaning a little stronger to take some bumps
better?  Just curious because my next rive will be mostly for trail riding.
I got the fast roadeo, the comfy long distance Sam, now I need a mountain
bike.