Hi Erich,

I installed RSrv250_pl2 and got the same error message as before, namely:

C\Windows\System32\stdole2.tlb
Unable to register the type library: RegisterTypeLib failed; code 0x8002801C.
Error accessing the OLE registry.

It also complained that it could not find an Excel version compatible with
RExcel despite the fact that I was using Excel 2007.

I manually installed RExcel and also installed rcom.
Most of the examples worked but I had no luck getting the "Graphics with
Sliders" example to work.

BTW,
 the error message from uninstaling R(D)Com i.e.:

Runtime Error (at 11:90)
> Internal Error. Cannot call "ISCOMPENENTSELECTED" function during uninstall.

also happens on XP so this is not a vista issue.

Regards

Wayne