The xls files in
RSrv250_pl2
are quite outdated. RAndFriends suppresses installation of these files.
Please remove the xls directory in the (D)COM directory
and then install RExcelInstaller from CRAN and run
RExcelInstall.

Or just run RAndFriends again after removing the xls directory under (D)COM Server.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Erich, I installed RSrv250_pl2 and got the same error message as before, namely:
C\Windows\System32\stdole2.tlb
Unable to register the type library: RegisterTypeLib failed; code 0x8002801C. Error accessing the OLE registry. It also complained that it could not find an Excel version compatible with RExcel despite the fact that I was using Excel 2007. I manually installed RExcel and also installed rcom. Most of the examples worked but I had no luck getting the "Graphics with Sliders" example to work.

BTW,
the error message from uninstaling R(D)Com i.e.:
Runtime Error (at 11:90)
Internal Error. Cannot call "ISCOMPENENTSELECTED" function during uninstall.

also happens on XP so this is not a vista issue.

Regards

Wayne