FYI on those ATV starter motors.  If I recall Mike burned one or two of
them out that weekend he battled.  Their cheap enough so get a spare set.
 You may want to investigate ways to open the motor casing up for venting.
 Also be aware that the motors are probably case grounded so you'll want to
address that.

Steve Tyng