For smooth shafts with no keyways I use Fenner Trantorque keyless
bushings... They are quite expensive unless you find them on Ebay like I
did.  The come in metric and standard sizes.  They clamp down on the smooth
shaft while applying torque outward on the inner bore of the sprocket.
They clamp on the shaft and push out on the sprocket at the same time.
Using them on my drive shafts to attach my sprockets that drive my tracks.
Don't slip even with steel tracks that weigh 17lbs. each.

Derek