Keith,  I wrote something a while back that ended up on a couple lists.  The
core of the idea is that there is not such thing as "work."  It is one of
the those Platonic ideal forms of which everything else is a reflection:
expression, manifestation, item

For instance, according to Plato, when you see a horse, you are not seeing a
horse, only a reflection (partial at best) of the ideal horse.

--
Gene Fieg
Cataloger/Serials Librarian