If we wanted to record a distributor (cf. RDA 21.4), and that distributor was
only responsible for distribution in a particular geographic area, would we use
264 $3 ("materials specified")?

E.g.: Piscataway, NJ : $b Transactions Publishers, Rutgers University, $c
[2012] $3 Copies distributed in North America

This is not usually how "materials specified" is used but the current field
definition seems to accommodate multiple, successive distributors with the
first indicator, but not multiple synchronous distributors.

--Ben

Benjamin Abrahamse
Cataloging Coordinator
Acquisitions, Metadata and Enterprise Systems
MIT Libraries