Many thanks for the responses on my reproduction question.   The record in
question has been edited & makes much more sense.

I realize that LC is now cataloging the work in hand, rather than the
original when cataloging reproductions in their RDA records.

My understanding had been (taken from a response from LC some months back
along with OCLC guidance
http://www.oclc.org/bibformats/en/specialcataloging/default.shtm#CHDCIDAF)
that the change in approach was ONLY for RDA & that for AACR2 cataloging we
should continue to follow the LCRI.

I realize the latter comment/observation is not necessarily in the scope of
this list.  But if someone can direct me to where LC or OCLC (whose rules we
ultimately follow for the bulk of our cataloging) says otherwise for AACR2
cataloging, I'd be very interested.

Many thanks

//SIGNED//
Patricia Fogler
Chief, Cataloging Section  (AUL/LTSC)
Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center
DSN 493-2135   Comm (334) 953-2135