Thank you!  So, since this character is the illustrator then the 600 and
700 are correct.
Sarah

>>> JSC Secretary <jscsecret...@rdatoolkit.org> 4/30/2013 1:41 PM >>>
Sarah,

The 4th paragraph of RDA 9.0 indicates that the scope of person in RDA
includes "fictitious entities, such as literary figures, legendary
figures, etc." So, you follow the same instructions for the name of a
fictitious entity as you would for the name of any other person. The
context, however, must be that the fictitious entity is functioning in a
role as creator (ch. 19), contributor (ch. 20), etc.; if the fictitious
entity's role is only as subject of the resource, the RDA instructions
do not apply.

Judy Kuhagen
JSC Secretary

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Sarah Stein <sst...@denverlibrary.org>