From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of J. McRee Elrod
Sent: 10 May 2013 21:39
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Recording alternate content and physical forms -- Bibframe

Deborah Fritz said:

>A change in Expression data in a MARC Bib >record means a change in
>Expression when we get the data out of MARC and into ... whatever.

The only "whatever" on the horizon is Bibframe.  Like MARC, Bibframe has no
expression record.  I suspect expression data in Bibframe will be divided
between Work and Instance records, mainly instance ones, unless "work" is more
narrowly defined.  "Thinking RDA" will make "expression" relevant in neither
MARC nor (without major revision) Bibframe.

So let's stop talking about expressions for now.  Apart from the complicated
arrangement of RDA, the concept is irrelevant to creating recprds in MARC.
unless greatly changed, in Bibframe..