Joan,

good idea, I hadn't thought of that. So this seems to confirm my assumption that at least the code for the original language cannot be mapped to any RDA element (perhaps it's different for the "Translated from" note). Pity - I had hoped for someone to come up with a clever idea ;-)

I'm not sure how common this kind of coding is in the Anglo-American world, anyway. If it is done regularly, I'd be interested to know how it is handled now by people who already do their cataloging in RDA.

In German cataloging, it's quite normal to record a code for the original language, and I wouldn't want to give this up when we switch to RDA (at least not until our data is much more FRBRized than it is now). Well, I suppose nobody will stop us from still recording this kind of information, even if it's not covered in RDA.

Heidrun

Heidrun,

I look at MARC to RDA mapping. It shows that the corresponding RDA instruction number is "N/A". So I have to say that I do not know :)

Have a great weekend,
Joan Wang