And what about "writer of afterword", while we're at it?

I've just have such a case in front of me: A novel, where the translator has also provided notes and the said afterword. It gives information about the author and her work. What is here presented as an afterword might, in other cases, just as well be presented as an introduction.

Sometimes I think RDA makes too many distinctions. It would be far more sensible to have only one relationship designator covering writers of things like prefaces, introductions, forewords and afterwords. Then we wouldn't have to wreck our brains about the differences. "Writer of added text" would do the trick, if it wasn't restricted to primarily non-textual work.

Heidrun