Heidrun said:

>Sometimes I think RDA makes too many distinctions.

They certainly do.  In the cases you cite, I would use $econtributor.
In most cases, a single word should be used, not a phrase, in order
not to over clutter the display.

Take the distinction between 2-D and 3-D moving images.  The ISBD Area
0 modified single word "image (moving)" seems better to me.

On the other hand, there are no RDA media terms for large print, kits,
or equipment.  Nor a very good relator term for conferences.

Someone asked why there are more MARC relator codes than RDA terms.
That's because the MARC codes are superior.  Rather than reinventing
that wheel, JSC should have just taken the meanings following the MARC
codes, plus perhaps ISBD Area 0 terms not already in the code list.