25.09.2013 17:44, Jack Wu:
...  after some length of time, will the rule become the
 alternative again, and the alternative again become the rule? Will
East and West, in this case, English and German, ever meet?  No
wonder there are endless change proposals and endless updating.

Try as I might, I fail to see how the whole endeavor can possibly
lead to anything but endless confusion in an inflation of
inconsistencies. And a large part of these results from inadequacies
of systems that cannot keep up with changes nor have ever been able
to implement features that had been around in AACR2 and MARC for
a long while.
I mean, if even am annoying detail like this, criticized time and again
long before RDA, is beyond repair, then what can we hope for? Even if
we had all the qualified staff it would take...

B.Eversberg