From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Benjamin A Abrahamse
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:33 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] WEMI and Bibframe

I think what he's saying is that a "bibFrame:Work" is just a container into
which both "FRBR:Works" and "FRBR:Expressions" can be put.

But, speaking for myself, I think the FRBR model would be a lot simpler to
grasp, not to mention more applicable to non-monographic resources, if the
"expression" level were jettisoned altogether.

I don't see what the category of "Expressions" give us that couldn't be
recorded and expressed through relationships among Works.

--Ben

Benjamin Abrahamse
Cataloging Coordinator
Acquisitions and Discovery Enhancement