From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca] On Behalf Of M. E.
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 11:01 AM
To: RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Punctuation question--quoted notes

Benjamin A Abrahamse <babra...@mit.edu<mailto:babra...@mit.edu>> wrote:

When a note is quoting the source of information (see 1.10.3) and so ends with
a quotation mark, does the full stop fall inside or outside of the quotation
mark?  I am having trouble finding an instruction that addresses this.
Most folks have followed the old LCRI and the newer LC-PCC PS to give the final
punctuation within the quotation.
<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=lcpschp1&target=lcps1-502#lcps1-502>
Scroll down to the second example under #2.

That said, my former boss, Edward Swanson, always used the ISBD method you
describe of adding the full stop after the quotation.  At least one client
library asked what was going on with that, so we reverted to the more popular
application.

--
Mark K. Ehlert
Minitex