>... the title page says updated edition and the verso says First
>edition.  The title was previously= > published.  Do I record both
>statements or only the statement that I know = >to be true?

I side with the minority on this one.

In 250 I would give the one s on the title page recto as peing the
prime source for the description.  The verso statement may be a
forgotten carry over from the first printing.  You could give it in a
quoted note I suppose, 500  $aFirst edition"--Title page verso.

I say this even though 250 is now repeating. Having the "First
edition" in a 250 would be misleading I suspect.

While you might like 250 $a[First edition updated], it does not *say*
that.  It will be interesting to see what the next edition, if any, is
called.