If the cost of changing that awful legacy data is prohibitively high, what good
are all the wonderful things that cannot be fully implemented. Price change is
one thing, product changes another. If the Toolkit continues to be unfinished,
unstable, untried, what's to say how much, or little it may be worth when all
is said and done.
Same copy of AACR2 which I held since 1978, I still hold, and can still consult
for records that are AACR2 compliant. When divided by 35 years, cost per year
is low indeed. Information gleaned only awhile ago from the Toolkit may be
changed already. Thus true cost of it, with its rate of obsolescence, is high
indeed.
Jack
Franciscan University of Steubenville