Heidrun said:

>With respect to collective titles ...

I think we need to keep clear the distinction among:

1) A collective title on the manifestation transcribed in 245.

2) A collective title supplied by the cataloguer in 245 when the
collection lacks such a title, as opposed to transcribing part titles.

and

3) A collective uniform title supplied in 240.

I support the first two, and oppose the third, as a useless holdover
from cards.

Heidrun, I assume from the context you are speaking of collective
"uniform" titles.  RDA's abandoning traditional terminology adds to
the confusion.

To unsubscribe from RDA-L send an e-mail to the following address from the
address you are subscribed under to:
lists...@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca
In the body of the message:
SIGNOFF RDA-L