Hello Éric,

Ok using this file to verify if the backup run without error. In rdiffweb
and minarca, this is used to report the status of the repository. When ever
the file contains something, this mean something wrong happen. E.g. lately,
a customer backup is complaining about permissions denied on windows.

This is a neat way to spot those kind of problem and get them fixed.

So, I would say don't get rid of it.