Hi,

On 14/05/2021 09:29, griffin tucker wrote:
i can try drafting some pseudo-code, but by the looks of things, it'd
take some major restructuring - not impossible, though!

I never said that it's impossible, but "major restructuring" is indeed in progress, and "not very difficult" is something else...

i'll have a better look through the source to see if it's feasible -
another option i'd want is to compress the last backup, not just the
diffs, as well as choice of compressor (as optional features) but
these features could make an already somewhat complex script more
complex

Feel free to plug enhancement requests, but it will have to wait for the restructuring to be finished (and it can take a while). Choice of compressor is indeed something I have in mind, there are faster/better compressor than gzip nowadays.

KR, Eric