Hi all,

I run old rdiff-backup 1.2.8 on a remote server and one local behind an ssh bastion.

Direct backup over ssh work fine but I struggle hopping over intermediary box. All 3 run Debian.

I've tried ProxyCommand with and without netcat but each time I'm getting:

Fatal Error: Truncated header string (problem probably originated remotely)

Couldn't start up the remote connection by executing

    ssh -C backup rdiff-backup --server

Remember that, under the default settings, rdiff-backup must be
installed in the PATH on the remote system.  See the man page for more
information on this.  This message may also be displayed if the remote
version of rdiff-backup is quite different from the local version (1.2.8).

I haven't been able to find any recipes online and I'm assuming it's feasible.

Could anyone help?

Regards,
Adam