Hey Alvin,

Yes I've looked in to this.  The problem with Percona XtraBackup
incremental backups as I understand it, is that it's all or nothing in
terms of schema.  The incremental backup option is great but it backs up
everything - and you'd therefore lose the ability to easily restore one
schema.  Since our mysql server instance also hosts around 7 other sites
that presents a problem.  We don't want to back up all the schema here as
that would consume roughly 60GB of disk space.  The only way around this I
can think of is to spin up separate mysql server instances - but this then
leads to a shortage of ram.