The command in my first email works fine when run on the Windows machine, either directly or from within a batch file, locally in a command prompt or in an ssh terminal from another machine. It only fails when a shell script on another machine connects by ssh and run the batch file from the ssh command. The equivalent from your command would be putting your rdiff-backup command in a batch file (with %%s in the remote-schema) and than from the Linux server running:
ssh username@windowsmachine rdiff-backup.bat

If you just ssh to the machine and run the batch file it works. If you put the batch file in the ssh command it fails.