Dmitri,  if you import rdkit.Chem.Draw.IPythonConsole the c++ errors and
warnings should be seen in IPython.  This doesn't appear to work on Windows
yet, sadly.

This is enabled by the command
rdkit.Chem.WrapLogs()

We are also doing a second pass soon to get better exception details in python
which has been a pet peeve of mine for a while.
----
Brian Kelley