RDkit Discussion Group,

    My apologies in advance if my request is not appropriate for this
discussion group.

    Given a small molecule that might have some resemblance to natural
products,

can someone suggest a free, comprehensive, PYTHON/RDkit searchable database
of natural products that might be suitable for similarity and substructure
searching.

    I am aware of a few websites that permit searching on the website. If
possible,
I would like to programmatically search by running a PYTHON/RDkit script on my
local machine and then return the structures of related molecules to my local
script.

    I would prefer not having to download and store a huge database.

    Also, if possible, it would be important to return the organism(s) that
creates

the natural product.  Pathway information would be also very, very helpful.

    I greatly welcome comments and suggestions.

    Thank you.

    Regards,

    Jim Metz

    Northwestern University