Dear all,

Yesterday was the last day for potential students to submit applications
for Google Summer of Code and we got proposals for the following five
projects:
1) RDKit integration with MongoDB. Python based
2) Implement a generalized file reader and a multi-threaded file reader.
C++ based
3) Integrating trained neural networks (specifically ANI-like force fields)
into the RDKit. C++ based
4) RDKit-OpenMM integration. C++ based
5) Improved RDKit integration with Jupyter, Dask, Pandas, Plotly, and
Bokeh. Python based

There's more about the first four projects here:
https://wiki.openchemistry.org/GSoC_Ideas_2020#RDKit_Project_Ideas and I'm
happy to answer questions about them.

We have a mentor and co-mentor for each of these projects, but I'm looking
for a few more people to act as co-mentors. It doesn't make sense to do a
project without at least two mentors - one primary mentor and one
co-mentor- and Google is strongly encouraging organizations to have three
mentors - one primary and two co-mentors - available for each project.
Being a co-mentor is going to require an hour or two a week on average over
the course of the program.

There's more information on the program, including the dates, here:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/

GSoC is really a great program and being a mentor/co-mentor is a good way
to help move both the open-source community and the RDKit forward.

If you're interested or have questions, feel free to send me email,