Hi all,

Is it possible to search for *partial* substructure matches using RDKit?

I'm aware of "HasSubstructMatch/ GetSubstructMatch", but my impression is
that it only returns full matches (100%) of the required pattern in a
structure.

However, what I'd like to do is a bit different: Imagine I have one specific
substructure (scaffold), and I'd like to search for molecules that have the
full substructure *or part of it*, and maybe get the percentage of the
substructure match? (100% = the full substructure is contained in the
molecule). For example, if the pattern is a naphthalene and the molecule to
search has a benzene, that would count as a 60% match.

Is there a way to do that in RDKit?

Thanks a lot!
--
Gustavo Seabra