From: Rebecca Lundberg <rebecca.lundb...@powerfullygreen.com>
To: re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
Sent: Mon, January 11, 2010 3:54:52 PM
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] DC disconnects

care of this need with their included/integrated but seperated fused DC
disconnects....."

I actually wish the integrated disconnects for the new inverters were an option
when purchasing, i.e. when I order the inverter it comes with it automatically,
and is therefore reflected in the price. Where I live the AHJ and utlities are
requiring the handled-lockable-'regular' AC and DC disconnects regardless of
whether or not there is a UL-listed integrated disconnect with the inverter.
Alas, for me it is redundancy and extra cost for materials and electrical work
either way. I can either have the electrician wire it up and pay their cost, or
I can leave the integrated inverter out (when it is listed as optional in the
installation manual) but now I have a non-returnable part sitting around, which
is wasteful too. Alas, the best solution is more solar so everyone becomes more
familiar with it!

Keep Shining!
Rebecca Lundberg
Powerfully Green, Minnesota