Hello Jesse;

I wrote that article for Solar Pro.

The official "bottom line" curriculum for firefighters is available by free download from CalFire here:
http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/training/photovoltaics.php

I do teach an IREC/ISPQ accredited class on the topic, to teach professional PV installers how to train their local fire departments, and the curriculum is available for purchase. Contact me off-list for details. Info on the class is here:
http://www.buckville.com/firefighter

The CalFire info is great and mine is based on it, but it takes a fairly long time frame to teach it all, more than your local departments are likely to have available.

DAN FINK
Buckville Energy Consulting LLC
IREC/ISPQ accredited Continuing Education Provider

Jesse Dahl wrote:
Hello,

I was reading about fire fighters and their interactions with PV in the last
issue of solar pro.  Does anyone have experience with basic fire fighter PV
training?  I would like to try it with my local departments.

Jesse