If you don't see any sign of impact, look closely at the area in front of the junction box. Any discoloration is an indication that it has been hot in that area. This often is the case with a shorted diode. The heat will stress the glass and cause it to fracture or make it susceptible to fracture from any minor stress. The glass will usually have larger fragments in that area and finer fragments farther away.

A shorted diode should be warranty issue.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
www.bluemountainsolar.com