I agree with Jason that the panel, as described, would be capable of supplying multiple branch circuits and could be deemed non-compliant, but I've found inspectors here to be reasonable about this practice. It's perfectly safe to add a branch circuit, even multiple ones, to an ac combiner. As long as it is for operating associated equipment such as communications devices like the Envoy, or data loggers, or power to operate a tracker controller and motor, it should be allowed.

Consider a 100-amp panel being used as an ac combiner with four 20-amp circuit breakers being backfed with micro-inverters. A few small loads on this panel just lowers the current on the bus bars. The risk that the 120% rule is supposed to address is the possibility of overloading the bus bars. In the case of the ac combiner that could happen if someone were to add some very large loads to it.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
www.bluemountainsolar.com
t: 541-568-4882