  From: Glenn Burt
  To: 'RE-wrenches'
  Sent: Monday, September 29, 2014 5:17 PM
  Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Metering

  I would not classify what we are doing in PV as SCADA.

  It is purely data acquisition at this point, and more commonly referred to as
DAS or a Data Acquisition System.

  SCADA by its definition entails a two way path of both receiving data and
being able to send control signals, usually from a big picture program,
monitoring dozens of data points.

  Let's not try to make the simple into a more complex thing than it is.

  -Glenn