Friends:

I had a similar experience with Trojan vented L-16s about two years ago: all of
a sudden the product would not perform as it used to. A vendor let slip that
plate chemistry had been modified. I was later told that charge voltages needed
to be higher than ever recommended previously-voltages difficult to achieve
off-grid. This product degradation has been discussed here. Likewise it was
helpful to corroborate experiences. Thanks, everyone!

William Miller