From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of
br...@willpowerelect.com
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2018 1:42 PM
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>; AE Solar
<autonomousenerg...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] grounding on metal roofs

NEC 690.47 (A) requires the array to be grounded, not necessarily the roof. If
you have bonded the rails and modules and your grounding conductor goes back to
the service you should be good. 690.47 (B) allows installation of an auxiliary
grounding electrode (ground rod or building steel). Not a bad idea in lightning
prone areas. ;) Local AHJ may have different opinions.

Bruce Fiero-RMI

"Energizing the Rogue Valley"

4115 S Pacific Hwy

Medford, OR 97501

P: 541.535.3965
F: 541.512.0061
E: br...@willpowerelect.com <mailto:br...@willpowerelect.com>
W: Willpower Electric, LLC <http://www.willpower-electric.com>

CCB 191852
Oregon Electrical Contractor C681
NABCEP Certified Solar (PV) Installer 031409-38

DUNS 191470363

Energy Trust of Oregon Trade Ally Solar (PV) Installation & Energy Efficient
Commercial Lighting Programs

**This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
addressee, or if it appears that you have received this email in error, please
advise me immediately by reply email, keep the contents confidential, and
immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.